Do it Yourself Outlook Email Signatures Company Wide
This article and videos will guide you step by step through the three main actions needed to create and deploy your own branded company email signature:
> Create Signature Template
> Write Instructions for team (using supplied instructions template)
> Deploy Company Wide
When done each employee will have their own gorgeous e-mail signature that they customized to make their own.
Create and Deploy Company Branded Outlook Email Signature Template
In this section we will be referring to the free Sample Outlook Signature and Instructions Template Word document.
The signature template in the document can be replaced with any of the Microsoft Outlook Templates or similar types if desired as the concepts will remain the same.
The instructions for the employees has an accompanying video and Great Looking Outlook Signature from Template – Step by Step article to guide them through customizing their signature (referencing the instructions template you will be using here).
Company Email Template - Step by Step
Using the template at the top of the Outlook Signature and Instructions Template Word document (an image of this is show above):
- Change Phone number to company main number
Leave Direct and Mobile number place holder in template if they will be needed later by each employee, delete them if not
- Change company address
- Change company logo
- Right click on the sample logo
- Select Change picture >
3. Find your company logo picture and insert it
4. Change www.contoso.com place holder to your company website
- Right Click on www.contoso.com
- Left Click on Edit Hyperlink …
HUNTER POWER TIP:
Do not type in any URL manually – too prone to error:
It is always better to navigate to the page you want to use in your browser and then copy the link from the address bar
In the Address area at the bottom of the Edit Hyperlink window:
Past in the link to the page you want to use as your company landing page
Clean up the Text to display area at the top of the Edit Hyperlink window:
Remove any protocol text ( http:// ) or trailing slash ( / )
5. Update the company social media links or delete if not used
Example: Update Facebook link
- Right click on Facebook icon
- Left click on Edit Line
3. Copy your company Facebook link from a browser
4. Paste the link in the Address: section of the Edit Hyperlink window
5. Repeat this type of process for the other Social Medial icons if needed
- Optionally change fonts and font colors to match company colors
- Save your new Company Outlook Email Signature Template into a Word document
Create Email Signature Instructions for Employees – Step by Step
The free Sample Outlook Signature and Instructions Template Word document contains three parts:
- Instructions for creating the email template (the top part of this article)
- Instructions for updating the sample instructions for the employees and sending out company wide (this section)
- The actual Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature that you will update and send to your employees in an email
In this section we are going to cover how to update the bottom section of the sample instructions document that has the title: Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature. That section will become the finalized employee instructions.
- Scroll down to the beginning of the Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature section
- Hover your mouse over the place holder template until you see the little square with arrows inside at the top left of the email template area
- Left click on that box to select the entire template
- Right click inside the selected area
- Left click on Cut to delete the template
2. Paste in the new template you completed in previous steps
- Go to the top of the Word document to Sample Outlook Signature Template
- Hover your mouse over the New Company template until you see the little square with arrows inside at the top left of the email template area
- Left click on that box to select the entier new template
- Right click and then left click Copy or press Ctrl+C to copy the new template
3. Scroll down to the beginning of the Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature section
- Click just under the main heading of Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the new logo
Deploy Email Template to Company
Now that the instructions are created and ready, the final step is to deploy the template company wide and track completion.
Create Email with Instructions
- Copy the employee instructions
- Go to the start of the employee instructions called
Instructions for Creating Personal Email Signature
- Go to the start of the employee instructions called
2. Click at the top of the heading
3. Hold the shift key
4. Page down until you get to the last part of the Employee Instructions
5. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the instructions
2. Create and Send Email
- The coordinator should start a new e-mail since all the replies (tracking) will come to them
- In the body of the email press enter several times to put in some blank lines
- Press Ctrl+V to past in the instructions copied from step 1 above
- Add Introduction and deadline to instructions. For example:
Emails Signature Template for Company Branding – Please complete by Friday
As we communicated earlier, here is the Company Outlook Email Template with instructions that includes a link to a step by step video.
Please make these changes by Friday and be sure and send your test email with the correct tag in the subject back to me when done.
- Send the email company wide
Sample company wide email with instructions
After each employee follows the instructions, they should be sending the coordinator an email with the hashtag #signaturedone in the subject line and their new signature in the email body.
- Search for #signaturedone emails to see who has completed the template setup
- From Outlook main email page click in the search box at the top of the window
- Enter #signaturedone
- You should see emails with #signature done in the Results area
2. Review each email to ensure signature is correct
At this point you should have completed all the steps needed for rolling out you’re new great looking company signature.
Way to go!
Outlook Template Resources
Video for Employees
Video and Article for the employees to follow when customizing their signature (referencing the instructions template you used here). Great Looking Outlook Signature from Template – Step by Step
Word Document with Instructions for Outlook Signature Creation and Roll Out
The free Sample Outlook Signature and Instructions Template Word document is available for download from the Outlook Signatures Company Wide Instructions page.
Template Samples from Microsoft
The signature template use in this article can be replaced with any of the Microsoft Outlook Templates if desired as the concepts will remain the same as we walk through the process being shown here.