Create Shortcut to Onenote Notebook
Here is the step by setup process for creating a shortcut to your workbooks.
Choose your Notebook
- Click on the top Notebook name to see the list of your Notebooks
Get the Link to the Notebook
- From the list of notebooks, right click on the book needed
- Select Copy Link to Notebook
- Open Notepad
Tip: Press Ctrl-Esc or Tap the Windows key
Type N (notepad should be displayed, if not type the full word note)
then double click on Notepad or Open to open Notepad
- Press Ctrl-v to copy the link into notepad
You will see a line similar to the link below where bookname will be the name of the book you selected:
Key point: The link is actually 2 lines. We need the second line that starts with the word “onenote”
- Copy the entire second line starting with the word onenote
Create Desktop Shortcut
- Go to your desktop
Tip: Press Windows Key and D (together)
- In an empty spot on your desktop, Right click on your desktop
- Select New then Shortcut
- In the “Type the location of the item” text box:
Paste in the onenote link copied above in step 5.
- Click Next
- In the “Type a name for this shortcut” text box:
Enter the name you want to use for this shortcut
(in this case the notebook name would probably be best).
Shortcuts to Onenote Pages and Sections
The same basic process can be used to create a short cut for a Page or a Section as well.